Monday, 28 February 2011

Lost - Costume Assets

I wanted to try applying opacity maps to the hair and skirt of the Lost after reading the tutorial on hairplanes. First I created a base mesh for the skirt as well as the hair and sculpted them both in Mudbox, creating creases in the skirt and a flowing strand like shape for the hair. Here is the high poly sculpt for the skirt.

Here you can see the results of the bakes on the left and then the standard diffuse in the middle. On the left is the two objects with the opacity maps applied, which again look better once rendered or in game.

With the hair I deleted all the inner facing polys which left me with a flat plane shell, this was necessary for the opacity maps to work. In 3Ds max these materials have to applied as 2 sided, or else they dont show from the reverse, I have also found a double sided shader script for unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment