I tried a bunch of different ways to texture the skin for the Lost. The first was using cropped pictures of elephant skin to get a heavily wrinkled grey texture which I thought would look quite appropriate for the neglected look of the character, I took that texture and adjusted it in photoshop blending in some more natural skin tones to give it a bit more realism. After a while I started again since the wrinkles just didn't look right no matter how I edited them. This time around I added a porous texture to the bump similarly to what I did with the skull except a lot more subtle before playing with different images of skin to get this final texture:

You can also see that I stencilled a swirling soot like texture on the hands and feet to give the impression that he has been around fire.
No comments:
Post a Comment