Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Protagonist - Problem with Baking

After I re-topologised both models in Topogun I baked them separately and imported both low poly's with normal maps applied. I lined up the verts of the feet objects to the vert positions of the botton of the leg from the body object and attached the two meshes together. My plan at this point was to bake the two normal maps to new uv coordinates and smooth the normals between the feet and the bottom of the leg but I had a lot of difficulty with the way max rendered out the bumps in the end I was left with terrible seams on every part of the model so after a while I decided to take that new mesh into mudbox to sculpt over again so that it would have feet and it all would blend in nicely.

Here's the new sculpt, along with the feet I made some changes to a few things I didn't like about the first sculpt such as the width of the shoulders being to masculine and softening the face and chin to make her look more like a woman.


The uv maps for the last model were pretty bad as well so this time around a paid a lot of attention to unwrapping and tried my best to utilize as much uv space as possible. Here is the new UV map:

No comments:

Post a Comment